Re-Post Report: The Kochs, A Nazi Past, Oil & The Foundation of The Right – Kochs: Ilse Koch, her husband Karl Otto Koch and Erich Koch are the ghosts of Koch Industries; seized the U.S. conservative political agenda years ago … #americansforprosperity #johnbirchsociety #kochbrothers
Spotlight: 10 Reasons Young Women Absolutely Need to Vote in the Midterms – Young Women Absolutely Need to Vote in the Midterms It’s your chance to show people who see you as “Beyoncé voters” that you are a serious player in politics.
1. Young people and unmarried women typically don’t vote in large numbers in the midterms, which means if we all did, we’d make a difference.
2. Your right to an abortion — and in some cases, even birth control — could be at stake.
3. You can show candidates who claim to be in favor of over-the-counter birth control just how phony they are.
4. Some people apparently still think politics is men’s work.
5. The wage gap hasn’t changed in a decade.
6. The conversation surrounding women in politics is incredibly condescending.
7. Women have a huge economic stake in this election.
8. In some states, you’re voting for measures that can affect your access to health care.
9. Young people are the most diverse generation of Americans ever, but Congress isn’t reflective of that diversity.
10. The people you elect to Congress are the ones who confirm or block nominations of Supreme Court justices and federal judges. http://wp.me/p4J8S3-ux
There are many more reasons; However, this list is according to the article…Your thoughts?
Vulnerable North Carolina senator Hagan takes lead in two polls – Senator Kay Hagan is leading her Republican challenger among likely voters in North Carolina, two polls showed on Monday, the latest shift in a race that… #2014midtermelection #democrats #polls
Wisconsin voting restrictions cleared for 2014 cycle – Voting restrictions: A U.S. appeals court has ordered that Wisconsin’s voter ID law go into effect immediately, raising the prospect of chaos and confusion at the polls this fall.
Hum…#DLU_US! Do you see the problem here? If you didn’t know; eliminating your right to vote is just one aspect of the right-wing’s grand scheme to roll back your rights…40+ years in the making. Wise-up, get motivated, and check your documents because you are headed towards a third-world country of radical conservatism right here in America - if you don’t! Your thoughts?
Liberal Vermont Senator Sanders may seek U.S. presidency in 2016 – Bernie Sanders is thinking about running for U.S. president in 2016, as a Democrat or an independent could complicate Hillary Clinton’s Liberal path to the White House. #berniesanders #democrat #independent
GOPer opposes early voting because it will boost black turnout – GOPer in Georgia outraged by suggesting he opposes new Sunday voting hours; benefiting African-Americans— he simply “would prefer more educated voters” … #earlyvoting #educatedvoters #elections
Democratic candidate for Texas governor reveals abortions: report – Wendy Davis, the Democratic candidate for Texas governor who was catapulted to national fame last year for her 10-hour filibuster against abortion … #abortion #dangerouschemicals #hispanics
Obama delays acting on immigration until after November elections – Spotlight – President Obama reversed course on Saturday and delayed taking executive action on immigration reform until after November congressional elections …
Hum…Not good #DLU_US! #DLU!
#executiveorders #immigrationreform #undocumentedimmigrants
Judge temporarily blocks law that could close all Louisiana abortion clinics – A U.S. federal judge on Sunday temporarily blocked enforcement of a Louisiana law that advocates say would likely have closed all five abortion clinics in the state. #abortion #conservativerepublican