#DLU! Democratic Liberal Umbrella
Background Illustrations provided by: http://edison.rutgers.edu/
Spotlight: When the immigration debate turns farcical : >by: Steve Benen | 02/11/14 09:16 AM | MSNBC | Re-Post February 12, 2014 | As the debate over immigration reform has unfolded, Republicans have made a series of demands – increased enforcement, bipartisan talks, piecemeal legislating, etc. – all of which Democrats have accepted. Yesterday, however, some GOP officials came up with new conditions that took the process to silly…
Excuses, excuses, blame #Obama and excuses…that’s all the right-wing got [sic]! The right-wing needs to come-up with excuses to say “Yes” or they will pay in the elections moving forward that’s if they care to win a major election. You can’t win alienating women, the young, #LGBT groups and minorities and expect to win; it can’t be done - legally. The #Republicans have been given a survival kit on numerous occasions, but they fail to use it and autopsies are performed on the dead! Hey, Republicans, remember when you voted against bills that would help #Veterans, #Elderly, #Women, #Minorities, #Gays, and #Immigrants? These groups will remember your unprecedented obstruction and they’re coming for you! #DLU!

Spotlight: When the immigration debate turns farcical : >by: Steve Benen | 02/11/14 09:16 AM | MSNBC | Re-Post February 12, 2014 | As the debate over immigration reform has unfolded, Republicans have made a series of demands – increased enforcement, bipartisan talks, piecemeal legislating, etc. – all of which Democrats have accepted. Yesterday, however, some GOP officials came up with new conditions that took the process to silly…
Excuses, excuses, blame #Obama and excuses…that’s all the right-wing got [sic]! The right-wing needs to come-up with excuses to say “Yes” or they will pay in the elections moving forward that’s if they care to win a major election. You can’t win alienating women, the young, #LGBT groups and minorities and expect to win; it can’t be done - legally. The #Republicans have been given a survival kit on numerous occasions, but they fail to use it and autopsies are performed on the dead! Hey, Republicans, remember when you voted against bills that would help #Veterans, #Elderly, #Women, #Minorities, #Gays, and #Immigrants? These groups will remember your unprecedented obstruction and they’re coming for you! #DLU!

I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH MY PARTY #DLU!


I’m so upset with the #Democratic Party and the Barack Obama, our President for signing this farm bill that cuts #SNAP…I’m also upset that we are giving up on taking back the #House…What the hell are we fighting for? Do we really want another 87 extreme right-wingers in #Congress and controlling the #Senate as well? I don’t think so…our voices would be null and voided -silent! Let’s get our heads out of the sand and fight to control Congress! And every super PAC needs to be involved - now! I can go on but I think you got the message - fight for Congress, for Governorships, for voting rights, women rights, civil rights, LGBT rights - human rights in general! If we don’t we will be sorry, if you’re not sorry already as a result of the Midterm 2010 Election. We can’t repeat that move…We won’t survive!

Spotlight: David Wildstein’s accusations and Christie’s denials … : If David Wildstein, the man that ordered George Washington Bridge lane closures; can proof that the governor knew about the shut-down prior to September 2013 when they occurred. The consensus is growing that Chris Christie should forget about the White House run for President in 2016 and that he should step down as head of the Republican Governors Association. There are many questions to answer and the list is growing…

According to the governor’s own standard per his two hour press conference that lying is a firing offense. And, during that same press conference he said about his deputy chief of staff, Bridget Kelley that:

    “There’s no justification for ever lying to a governor or a person in authority in this government. As a result, I’ve [he has] terminated Bridget’s employment.”

Can Bridgett Kelley proof that the governor knew about the lane closures? Is that the real reason why he fired her? I guess we’ll find out someday in the near future…

Spotlight: David Wildstein’s accusations and Christie’s denials … : If David Wildstein, the man that ordered George Washington Bridge lane closures; can proof that the governor knew about the shut-down prior to September 2013 when they occurred. The consensus is growing that Chris Christie should forget about the White House run for President in 2016 and that he should step down as head of the Republican Governors Association. There are many questions to answer and the list is growing…

According to the governor’s own standard per his two hour press conference that lying is a firing offense. And, during that same press conference he said about his deputy chief of staff, Bridget Kelley that:

“There’s no justification for ever lying to a governor or a person in authority in this government. As a result, I’ve [he has] terminated Bridget’s employment.”

Can Bridgett Kelley proof that the governor knew about the lane closures? Is that the real reason why he fired her? I guess we’ll find out someday in the near future…

BUSTED: Chris Christie appointee Wildstein says… : David Wildstein, the former Port Authority official who ordered the lane closures near the George Washington Bridge, said Friday that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) approved of what was happening. Wildstein claimed in a letter released by his lawyer…

Well, it would appear that the overweight heavy is in a bit of a jam with knowledge of the “Bridge-gate Scandal” lane closures. With this major development, tied to the governor’s previous assertions that he had not known about the closings in September, Chris #Christie’s days as Governor of the great state of New Jersey is toast…#Wildstein stuck him with a fork and Christie is done…It’s just a matter of time. #DLU! Your thoughts?

BUSTED: Chris Christie appointee Wildstein says… : David Wildstein, the former Port Authority official who ordered the lane closures near the George Washington Bridge, said Friday that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) approved of what was happening. Wildstein claimed in a letter released by his lawyer…

Well, it would appear that the overweight heavy is in a bit of a jam with knowledge of the “Bridge-gate Scandal” lane closures. With this major development, tied to the governor’s previous assertions that he had not known about the closings in September, Chris #Christie’s days as Governor of the great state of New Jersey is toast…#Wildstein stuck him with a fork and Christie is done…It’s just a matter of time. #DLU! Your thoughts?

Examine: Mobility has been weak – since the Nixon years : >by: Timothy Noah | 01/29/14 07:05 AM | MSNBC | “Inequality has deepened,” President Obama said in his State of the Union speech. “Upward mobility has stalled.” Is there a connection between these two dismal trends?That more income inequality translates into less upward mobility has been a frequent theme for Obama. It’s no mystery why. Conservatives often say that we should…

Upward Mobility:#DLU!
It makes you wonder “What’s going on?” … CSNY! I tend to agree that it is intergenerational mobility that aids you in advancing forward in this world on social and economical inequality; apparently and presently seen in the US! If your parents are rich that you have a greater chance of being rich in the later years and it’s extremely hard to make it in life; making it big off of minimum wage. If it’s left up to the current #Republican Congress and right-wing conservative #Pundits, the 99% of us will remain forgotten, undeserving and you’ll have a snowballs chance in life to build-on and grow; becoming a part of the 1% club!

    In accordance with the Abstract of new finding of the #NBER: We [they] present new evidence on trends in intergenerational mobility in the U.S. using administrative earnings records. We [they] find that percentile rank-based measures of intergenerational mobility have remained extremely stable for the 1971-1993 birth cohorts. For children born between 1971 and 1986, we [they] measure intergenerational mobility based on the correlation between parent and child income percentile ranks.
    For more recent cohorts [:] we [they] measure mobility as the correlation between a child’s probability of attending college and her parents’ income rank. We [they] also calculate transition probabilities, such as a child’s chances of reaching the top quintile of the income distribution starting from the bottom quintile. Based on all of these measures, we [they] find that children entering the labor market today have the same chances of moving up in the income distribution (relative to their parents) as children born in the 1970s. However, because inequality has risen, the consequences of the “birth lottery” – the parents to whom a child is born – are larger today than in the past.

Your thoughts?

Examine: Mobility has been weak – since the Nixon years : >by: Timothy Noah | 01/29/14 07:05 AM | MSNBC | “Inequality has deepened,” President Obama said in his State of the Union speech. “Upward mobility has stalled.” Is there a connection between these two dismal trends?That more income inequality translates into less upward mobility has been a frequent theme for Obama. It’s no mystery why. Conservatives often say that we should…

Upward Mobility:#DLU!
It makes you wonder “What’s going on?” … CSNY! I tend to agree that it is intergenerational mobility that aids you in advancing forward in this world on social and economical inequality; apparently and presently seen in the US! If your parents are rich that you have a greater chance of being rich in the later years and it’s extremely hard to make it in life; making it big off of minimum wage. If it’s left up to the current #Republican Congress and right-wing conservative #Pundits, the 99% of us will remain forgotten, undeserving and you’ll have a snowballs chance in life to build-on and grow; becoming a part of the 1% club!

In accordance with the Abstract of new finding of the #NBER: We [they] present new evidence on trends in intergenerational mobility in the U.S. using administrative earnings records. We [they] find that percentile rank-based measures of intergenerational mobility have remained extremely stable for the 1971-1993 birth cohorts. For children born between 1971 and 1986, we [they] measure intergenerational mobility based on the correlation between parent and child income percentile ranks.
For more recent cohorts [:] we [they] measure mobility as the correlation between a child’s probability of attending college and her parents’ income rank. We [they] also calculate transition probabilities, such as a child’s chances of reaching the top quintile of the income distribution starting from the bottom quintile. Based on all of these measures, we [they] find that children entering the labor market today have the same chances of moving up in the income distribution (relative to their parents) as children born in the 1970s. However, because inequality has risen, the consequences of the “birth lottery” – the parents to whom a child is born – are larger today than in the past.

Your thoughts?

Examine: Progressives fear Hillary-super PAC juggernaut : >by: Zachary Roth |01/25/14 10:15 AM—Updated 01/25/14 05:07 PM|MSNBC| Key progressives aren’t thrilled that Priorities USA, a leading Democratic super PAC, is formally backing Hillary Clinton for 2016. They’re worried that a rush to anoint Clinton as the party’s nominee, should she run, could make it harder to hold her feet to the fire on issues like income inequality…

Wow, juggernaut is not a flattering word to use for a group that basically have the same or best interest at heart for the Democratic Party’s potential candidates, financial supporters… If she runs, we’ll support her! If Elizabeth Warren runs, we’ll support her as well and if they both run as mates …They got our backing as grassroots members of the Democratic Party. However, we have a #Democrat in the office, right now, that needs our help in voting out the #Obstructionist and vote in Democratic candidates that he can work with for the remaining time that he’s in the oval office!

Maybe, we need to concentrate on the 2014 Midterm Election; ensuring that everyone can vote, and that ever vote is counted; especially in those gerrymandered districts and overturn those discriminatory practices in the Southern States! That should be our concern right about now. What are your thoughts?

Examine: Progressives fear Hillary-super PAC juggernaut : >by: Zachary Roth |01/25/14 10:15 AM—Updated 01/25/14 05:07 PM|MSNBC| Key progressives aren’t thrilled that Priorities USA, a leading Democratic super PAC, is formally backing Hillary Clinton for 2016. They’re worried that a rush to anoint Clinton as the party’s nominee, should she run, could make it harder to hold her feet to the fire on issues like income inequality…

Wow, juggernaut is not a flattering word to use for a group that basically have the same or best interest at heart for the Democratic Party’s potential candidates, financial supporters… If she runs, we’ll support her! If Elizabeth Warren runs, we’ll support her as well and if they both run as mates …They got our backing as grassroots members of the Democratic Party. However, we have a #Democrat in the office, right now, that needs our help in voting out the #Obstructionist and vote in Democratic candidates that he can work with for the remaining time that he’s in the oval office!

Maybe, we need to concentrate on the 2014 Midterm Election; ensuring that everyone can vote, and that ever vote is counted; especially in those gerrymandered districts and overturn those discriminatory practices in the Southern States! That should be our concern right about now. What are your thoughts?